Employment Opportunities - We are currently accepting applications for day camp counselors, WSIs, lifeguards and bathhouse attendants. Call the Rec Office @ 844-5356 for an application and job description. We will be scheduling interviews in March and early April for positions beginning in June.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION – before registering, read carefully.
All Granby Parks & Recreation Department Programs/Trips are based on a first come basis and space availability and require advance registration; payment must accompany registration. Information is available by calling 844-5356. Registration may be made in person at the Rec Office (Senior/Youth Center), dropped in mailbox outside building 24/7 or by mail. Checks or cash are acceptable; credit cards are not. Remit registration form with full payment payable to TOWN OF GRANBY to:
GRANBY RECREATION DEPT.
15C North Granby Road
Granby, CT 06035
Scholarships: It is the policy of the Recreation Department that recreational and leisure opportunities NOT be denied any resident because of lack of financial resources; program scholarship information is available upon request. All inquiries are kept in the strictest confidence; apply early.
Arrival & Pick-up Times: Participants should not arrive earlier than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start of class and should depart promptly at the scheduled conclusion of the class. Do not leave a child unless the instructor/coach is present.
Program Descriptions: for specific details; write down the dates and times of the class you enroll for.
Age Limits: Children must be the proper age before the program(s) begin.
Non-Residents: N/R are welcome; however, there is an additional $5.00 non-resident fee applied to each program.
Program activities/trips are filled on a first come basis. If a program is full, you will be called and your name will be put on a waiting list. Participants will be notified ONLY if an activity/trip is full, or if the activity has been canceled. Unless you are notified, assume you are registered. Program registrations are not confirmed with registrants; if you want confirmation, please contact the office.
Recreation programs are designed as enriching recreational experiences. Class participants who are a disruptive influence on others will be asked to withdraw. No refunds will be issued under such circumstances.
Only those enrolled in the program(s) may attend. Sorry, but “visitors/family” will not be permitted in the activity.
PROGRAM CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
1. The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel, combine or divide classes, to change the time, date, location and to make other revisions in the offerings which may become necessary.
2. Every effort will be made to make up classes. However, refunds are not issued for activities canceled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Recreation Department.
3. Registration fees cover the cost to operate recreation and leisure activities. Additionally, some programs rely heavily on volunteers. When you register for an activity, we depend upon your enrollment for a successful program. Please plan your schedule carefully; we cannot accept responsibility for changes or conflicts in your personal circumstances.
4. Program cancellations due to low registration will be made up to two (2) days before the start of the activity. You will be notified by the Recreation Department and will receive a 100% refund.
5. No refunds will be made once reservations have been confirmed with an outside source, i.e., seats reserved through a tour/bus company or tickets purchased based on your reservation. Every effort will be made to fill your seat if there is a waiting list; see “refunds” below.
6. Refunds will be made for the following reasons:
* Activity is canceled by the Recreation Department – full refund.
* On request, when a program change of day, date, time or location prohibits attendance.
* On request, for medical reasons with a doctor’s note. Medical requests during the program will be pro-rated less a 10% processing fee.
* Program is full and the vacancy can be filled by another participant. These funds are subject to a 10% cancellation fee and will not be authorized until original payment has been processed.
* No refunds will be issued once the program has started.
* All refunds will follow the Finance Department’s bill paying schedule. No cash refunds will
be issued. Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks to process a refund.
7. All returned checks are subject to a $20.00 fee plus the bank charges.
Recreation Program Updates & Notes:
1) We need to verify your check with a driver’s license.
2) To be eligible for a class that has age limits, your child MUST be that age when the class begins. Please do NOT ask…
3) If registering for Day Camp or Swim Lessons, be sure your e-mail address is on the form; we transmit info electronically.