Skip Navigation
Town Seal
Welcome to the official website for the town of Granby, Connecticut

This table is used for column layout.

E-Gov Information
E-Gov Information
Youth Services Bureau

Department of Transportation
E-Gov Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Granby Senior Center located and when is it open?
Our address is 15 North Granby Road, Granby, CT 06035.  We are located on the same municipal complex as the Granby Town Hall, Granby Public Library and Police Department.  Offices are open Monday through Friday. 8:30AM - 4:00PM.

From all points from Granby center head Route 20 West. The municipal complex is located on the left side across from the cemetary.

Inclement Weather Closing
The Granby Senior Center follows the Granby Public School closing and delayed opening decision. Tune into Channel 3. If the Granby Public Schools are closed for the day than the Granby Senior Center cancels all activities, events and transportation. If the Granby Public Schools announce a delayed opening than the Granby Senior Center is open as usual.   Use proper judgement. If the roads and/or weather are bad please do not attempt to venture out!

I need a walker and other medical equipment. Can the Senior Center help?
Yes. We have a volunteer-run program--Durable Medical Loaner Closet. Call the Senior Center at 860-844-5350 and speak with a member of staff. Your message is passed to the medical loaner closet coordianator.  You will get a return phone call usually within 24-48 hours from one of the volunteers. Arrangements for picking up the equipment are made directly with that volunteer. The closet is located at Holcomb Farm.
Equipment such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, raised toilet seats, shower chairs and the like are available. Items not available would include items such as crutches, braces, anything with fabric/cushion/material.

I have medical equipment to donate. Can it be dropped off at the Senior Center.
Call us and we will make arrangements for the medical loaner closet coordinator to have a volunteer reach out to you. Unfortunately, we cannot take medical equipment at the Senior Center--so please do not drop off medical equipment at our office.

Is there a fee when joining the Senior Center?  
There is a $5.00 yearly fee for Granby residents and $10.00 for non-residents.  All memberships are renewable in September. This nominal membership fee helps offset expenses allowing us to offer many free programs.

Is there a fee for use of the Senior Van?  
Van dues is $10.00 annually from September to August.   Anyone who uses the senior vans must have paid van dues.

Does the Senior Van provide rides to medical appointments?  
The Senior Van provides rides to medical appointments in the local area (Granby, East Granby, Simsbury).  It is important to call at least one week in advance to schedule a ride.   Contact Cindy Giralomo, Transportation Coordinator 860-844-5352

Is there any Senior Housing in Granby?
Yes.   There are two senior housing complexes in town: Must be 62+ and/or on disability to apply.
Applications are available at the senior center. However, completed applications must be dropped off at their respective housing facility. The town does not accept applications.

  • Stony Hill Village, 259 Salmon Brook Street. Call Joan Schramm at 860-653-0375.
  • Salmon Brook Elderly Housing, 287 Salmon Brook Street. Call 860-653-7885 and leave a message.
        (Applications available in the Salmon Brook Housing Community Room).

Why does the Granby Senior Center also state "Youth Services" on the building?
The facility which houses the Granby Senior Center is also home to the Granby Youth Services Department and Granby Social Services Department.  

Granby Town Hall  15 North Granby Road, Granby, CT 06035   Return to Home Page