What type of information does the Building Department have about my home?

The Building Department generally has a file on most homes built in Granby. These files may include plot plans or surveys of the property, building permits and records of inspections, and correspondence related to the property. In some cases the files may also contain well and septic information and copies of building plans. The Building Department was established in the early 1960's. Records on homes built prior to that date generally are not available. Well and septic information on homes built since 1976 is available from the Farmington Valley Health District (click here to view their website). Please be advised that the Building Department is not required to keep most building plans and periodically will dispose of the plans as permitted by state law.