It is the responsibility of the Assessor to discover, list, and value all taxable real estate and personal property in the Town of Granby. It is important that no property is omitted, that each property is assessed to the correct person or persons, and that each property is assessed uniformly and according to Connecticut State Law. These values subject to a 70% ratio, result in the Gross Grand List.
The Assessor then applies various exemptions as mandated by the Connecticut State Statutes and local ordinances including veterans, elderly, disabled, blind, farm, forest, and open space, etc. The final total, after exemptions are deducted, is the Net Grand List. It is this figure, coupled with local, state, and federal revenue, which is used to compute the local tax rate.
- Date of Current Revaluation: October 1, 2022
- Next Scheduled Revaluation: October 1, 2027
- Population Estimate: 11,300
- Area: 40.7 square miles
- Assessment Ratio: 70%
Dates of Importance
Assessment Date: October 1st for the following fiscal year.
Filing Deadline for Personal Property Declarations: November 1st
- July 1, 2023 Mill Rate - $31.89 per $1,000 of net assessed value
- July 1, 2023 Mill Rate for motor vehicles (only) - $31.89 per $1,000 of net assessed value
- Open Space Information (PDF)
- Previous and Current Mill Rates (PDF)
- Top Ten Taxpayers (PDF)
- Board of Assessment Appeals Application (PDF)
- Classification of Land as Farmland (PDF)
- 2022 Grand List (PDF)
- Grand List and Fiscal Year Charts-Tax Liability Periods (PDF)
- Motor Vehicle Adjustments and Tax Bill-Bill Cycle (PDF)