- Town Departments
- Downloading eBooks & eAudioBooks
- OverDrive / Libby
OverDrive / Libby
Access the OverDrive Collection. You'll need a Library Card to access these and other Library resources. Don't have a card yet? Granby residents can apply for a card today via our online form!
OverDrive offers our patrons access to thousands of eBook, eAudio Book, and eMagazine titles. These can be borrowed using your library card, either through the Libby App on your mobile device, or on the internet through the OverDrive website. Many (but not all) of these titles are found in the regular library catalog as well as in the OverDrive catalog. Both the Overdrive website and Libby App access the same collection - they are just slightly different pathways. (Think of it like a house, there is a front door and a side door - slightly different, but both will get you inside!)
Libby & Overdrive
Not sure where to start?
- Choose Libby if you are new to downloading or want to access the collection on a mobile device. This App is easy to set up and easy to use on a mobile screen. The company promotes the App as the primary (best!) way to access titles, and most of their features work best in the App.
- Choose Overdrive if you are working on a desktop/laptop that does not use Apps or you want to download an eBook to your Kindle device. You can search & check out everything we have to offer in Overdrive using this website.
When signing in with your library card, Granby Patrons should select the Granby Public Library associated with Library Connection, Inc. (This is your library, this is our consortium!)
OverDrive Advantage titles are available to Granby patrons only. To gain access to these "reserved" titles, first register/sign in using your Granby library barcode number (if this is your first time, your barcode number is also your PIN). Once you have signed in, the system will recognize you as a Granby patron, and give you access to additional copies, titles, and opportunities to download materials that only Granby citizens can access.
Are you a new user? To help get you started, here are a few easy-to-follow online tutorials:
- Getting Started (for Apples, Kindles, Nooks, and more!)
- Meet Libby! (our favorite App for mobile users)
- Videos to help get you started