Land Records

About our Land Indexes

The Granby Town Clerk's Office presents the information on this website as a service to the public. These indexes contain recordings indexed since June 3, 1981, through the present. We have tried to ensure that the information in this electronic document accurately presents the information recorded in this office; however, it should be noted that recordings posted in the previous 60 days may not have been audited. The Town shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein. This information is for reference only. The user is advised to search all possible spelling variations of proper names in order to maximize the search results.

Office Hours for Recording Land Records

  • Land recordings are taken Monday through Wednesday from 8 am to 3:45 pm; Thursday from 8 am to 5:30 pm and Friday from 8 am to noon
  • Documents to be recorded in the land records must be original, signed documents or certified copies of documents.
  • Our office does not provide blank forms of Warranty Deeds, Quit Claim Deeds, or Conveyance Tax Forms.
  • No deed or permanent easement will be recorded without the State of Connecticut Real Estate Conveyance Tax Form OP-236. Local conveyance is.0025 x consideration paid.
  • A record receipt is only provided in person or via a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Recording Fees

  • Land Recording Fees: $60 for the first page and $5 for each additional page of the same document.
  • Foreclosed Property Registration Form: $60
  • Recording Nominee (MERS) Documents: $159 for the first page and $5 for each additional page (assignments and releases).
  • Recording Surcharge: $2 for each conveyance with a consideration of $2,000 or more.
  • Maps: $20 for subdivisions, site plans, easements, boundary maps, etc.

Foreclosure Registration

PA 11-201 (§§ 13-15) makes changes in several laws affecting banking and housing, including foreclosure. Among other things, the Act requires anyone who commences a foreclosure action concerning a subject property to register the property with the Town Clerk in the municipality where the property is located. They must pay a land record filing fee and the municipality must maintain the registration separate from the land records. The act requires anyone taking title to a subject property after foreclosure to register with the Town Clerk within 15 days of absolute title vesting in person. View the Foreclosure Registration Form (PDF).

Copy Fees


  • Land Records - $1 per page
  • Maps - $5

Certified Copies:

  • Land Records - regular fees plus a $2 certification fee per document
  • Maps - regular fees plus a $2 certification fee

Hand-Held Scanners:
$20 per use

Searching the Land Records

The land records are open to the general public. Searches may be performed Monday through Wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm, Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm, and Friday from 8 am to 12:30 pm. The staff of the Town Clerk's office is not attorneys and, as a result, are not able to provide assistance with legal questions regarding land documents.

Land record indexes, including maps and trade name certificates, are available for viewing online using the link below. Copies are available for a fee. Please note, Granby's online images begin 12/20/1941 and the online index begins 1/2/1979. It is important to note that the majority of Granby Town maps are not available online to view/print on Record Hub.

In order to use the online land records system, please review the disclaimer and then click on the link below. 

 To request a map be emailed you, please look for the map using the online indexes below and send a request to and include the Map #. 

For questions related to the Record Hub database, contact Customer Service at 800-588-2688 or via email.

The Town Clerk's Office cannot assist you with issues related to Record Hub. You must contact Record Hub Customer Service directly if you are experiencing a problem logging in or using the database.

Public Act 21-173: Unlawful Restrictions: 

In accordance with Public Act 21-  173 the Office of Policy and Management has provided, under Section 1(f), the Unlawful Restrictive Covenant Form.  An Affidavit has also been provided as an additional tool if a landowner wishes to use this under the provisions of Section 1(c) to file a form or affidavit. There is no cost to record this on the town land records.